PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION AND CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please note: At this time we are only being supplied with Astra Zeneca which is now available for adults aged 18 and over.
We are NOT being supplied the Pfizer vaccine at this stage.
The Australian Government is responsible for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout and providing all GP’s with vaccine stock each week.
These vaccines are voluntary and free.
All Covid vaccination bookings need to be made through the “COVID Vaccine Clinic Doctor”
Please do not book a regular appointment with your doctor to receive the COVID Vaccine.
To check your eligibility please click here;
The main criteria are as follows:
- Adults aged 18 years and over
- Other health care workers not covered in phase 1A
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders aged 16 and over
- Younger adults with an underlying medical conditions, including those with a disability
- High-risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and those working in meat processing.
When it is your turn to get vaccinated, we PREFER if you book online for this appointment as you will be guided through the consent process.
Please note: At this time we are only being supplied with Astra Zeneca for adults aged 18 and over, we are not being supplied the Pfizer vaccine.
You can book below;
or get the HotDoc app for your mobile phone;
If you are unable to book online please call on 9319 1577 but be mindful of the number of calls we are receiving and the limited vaccine availability.
At the time of booking, it is advisable to book two appointments 12 weeks apart to ensure you get the second dose of the vaccine in a timely manner so that you have the best protection.
Please do not book in for your vaccine:
- If you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- If you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- If you have had a COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months
- If you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or if you are in quarantine
- If you have had ANY other vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment
ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR APPOINTMENT IF ANYTHING CHANGES REGARDING THE ABOVE PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP TO CHANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT
You will need to provide documentation to verify your eligibility under Phase 1B.
If you are an existing Palmyra Medical Centre patient
We will be able to review your medical history to confirm your health status.
If you are eligible under another category you will need to supply proof of employment, or a letter from your employer.
If you are NOT a Palmyra Medical Centre patient
You will need to bring a copy of your MyHealth Record/Health Summary, or a letter from your GP confirming your underlying medical condition.
If you are eligible under another category, you will need to supply proof of employment, or a letter from your employer.
What to bring your appointment
Vaccine Dose 1: Please remember to bring:
- Photo ID
- Your eligibility documentation
Vaccine Dose 2: Please remember to bring:
- Photo ID
Please click on the FAQ button below to visit frequently asked questions for the Western Australian community about the COVID-19 vaccination.
Palmyra Medical Centre is an approved and certified Covid vaccine provider.
If you are experiencing significant vaccine side effects please contact the Department of Health Therapeutic Goods Administration